Nastran Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Nastran Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Nastran topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beam element issue

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
enzanelli
655 Views, 3 Replies

Beam element issue

Hi all, 

I'm using beam elements to model a trailer suspension, and my issue is that after solving, one of the beam elements seems to track it's way back to the origin for no reason. The beam element portion is made up of 2 sketch lines, meeting at the constraint which represents the axle. Does anyone have any input as to why this is happening and how to solve it?

Thanks. 

Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
John_Holtz
in reply to: enzanelli

Hi @enzanelli 

I am familiar with this problem that happens with rod connectors and cable connectors. See Dummy line presented while viewing results for structure including rod connector in Inventor Nastran....

I was not aware that it would occur with beam elements, but it sounds like the same thing. You should be able to confirm from the displacements that the beam is not moving that far, and therefore it is a glitch with the graphics.

John

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉
Message 3 of 4
enzanelli
in reply to: John_Holtz

Thank you for the response, John. Is there a way to fix this graphical error? I'm to provide the customer a report and obviously having this beam running to the origin draws into question the study. 

Message 4 of 4
John_Holtz
in reply to: enzanelli

The article implies that the display is okay after the first run. This worked in the test model that I tried:

• Duplicate the analysis. (Right-click on the Analysis name > Duplicate)
  • Run the analysis. The results will be shown correctly as long as you do not run the analysis a second time.

John

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report