Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insert A natural stable gemotry generating feature.

Insert A natural stable gemotry generating feature.

Hi, dunno if someone has the same mindset, I love using mudbox but it has one very unstable feature. I start with creating a model by adding a sphere and then going from there. But the biggest issue is the fact that even with spacing out the sphere to make a face, neck, clavicles, shoulders, lower back I have to keep subdividing just to even get basic ability to keep adding onto the meshes limbs.

Coming from sculptress, and Blender and a lil bit of some other annoying programs I am so used to having more geometry naturally added as I sculpt. The issue in the end is that I was sculpting a mutant giant ant eater (yes you read that right) but as the quads and subdivisions inside of it'spaced out and became less, meaning there was no quads on the original now mutant character mesh I had to run to subdivide up to around 15 million to 23 million pieces  of data all together to even try and form the rest of its body.

Here is what I mean:

Mutant anteater example 1.png

Its more and more easy to add detailing without having to raise ot 15 million verts, but because the base orb I added only have a limited amount trying to finish this dude sadly leads to lagging and then ultimately a crash. I dunno if there is a way to remap the quads but but I'm having a blast despite some set backs using things but the ability to create more geometry as you work would be pretty dope (IMO)

Cheers!

also yes, he stands.

1 Comment

why not use dynamic subD.?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report