Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fix 3DConnexion device support

Fix 3DConnexion device support

I use a variety of Autodesk products, and bought a 3DConnexion mouse specifically for Autodesk use.  It works wonderfully with one notable exception:

Mudbox is terrible at recognizing 3DConnexion input.  

You folks really need to get this fixed, it shouldn't take long.

3 Comments
jill.ramsay
Alumni
Jamie, is this on Mac? It works fine on Windows, you just need to slow everything down. We are having difficulty getting any response from 3DConnexion on the Mac issue.
jill.ramsay
Alumni
Status changed to: Under Review

JamieLaing
Contributor

Hi Jill!

Thanks so much for looking at this.  I am not a Mac user, I'm on a PC.  I do however use a few other Autodesk products that work perfectly with 3Dconnexion devices, such as Autodesk Inventor, Fusion 360.  Maya kind of works with a 3D mouse, and Mudbox is pretty awful but does seem to recognize the axis in a general way, but with out of control scaling.

Slowing everything down is your suggestion, thanks for that, but I submit to you that even at the slowest possible settings it's still pretty much unusable.  If you want to see how it should work, try using Inventor or Fusion 360.  Perhaps you would consider making the slowest possible setting the default so users can slow things down even further?  Anyway you really should try all the products as a comparison to see how awful it really is.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report