Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic tessellation

Dynamic tessellation

Would like a way to create additional geometry 'on the fly' while sculpting. ZBrush has Dynamesh. 

16 Comments
passariello
Collaborator

This is one of my request in different occasions.

Look tool like https://stephaneginier.com/sculptgl/ (ONLINE!!!!) is my suggestion!....

PS: Dynamic tassellation require a better auto-uv 😉

olivier.lp
Alumni
Status changed to: Gathering Support

shuting.chang
Alumni
Status changed to: Under Review

passariello
Collaborator
ok, this is a great opportunity
Anonymous
Not applicable

this would be great to finally have! we've been waiting way too long for this, especially knowing that you guys already have that technology implemented in other software (mesh mixer) and also tried to do something along that line within Maya (as Andrew demonstrated couple of Years back) . But if performance held you guys back regarding implementing it in Maya I don't see why it wouldn't perform properly in a dedicated sculpting software like Mudbox.  

magillaGuerilla
Collaborator

Please do not make it like Dynamesh, which is horrible. Please make it more like Sculptris, which is fantastic

Anonymous
Not applicable

A much needed Dynamic Tesselation Smiley Wink

Anonymous
Not applicable
I really love the idea. I have Zbrush for concept work but I go to Mudbox for my detailing and painting stage. Having this feature will allow me to stay in Mudbox the whole process!
alan
Explorer

2017-07-27_10-30-29.gif

Ability to Dynamesh + meshfusion/ boolean like zbrush. This is a really popular request from Mudbox users.

To be able to come up with roughing up concepts and trying out ideas in Mudbox without having to import/export meshes would be a game changer that Zbrush users have experienced over the years.

I get that it may break a workflow once a model (with 3d layers, textures) gets meshfusioned/ dynameshed and things like textures and 3d layers wont come across or itll be really slow to transfer those... Maybe just dont have that option for that sculpting mode only.

Im sure thats fine with many mudbox users as its just a inital design/speed sculpt stage.

The release of mudbox 2018 I think had users hoping that at least there would be Dynamesh + meshfusion/ boolean feat but sadly no...

alan
Explorer

forget what I said. Just came across this post

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/mudbox-forum/mudbox-2018/td-p/7020419/page/2

Fingers crossed!

Anonymous
Not applicable

the creation of new polygons when you stretch or pull the geometry.

Tags (3)
Anonymous
Not applicable

Its really simple... the only thing ANYONE REALLY wants and needs to see is a dynamesh equivalent. This is the most crucial thing.
Zbrush interface is a **** pile but people put up with it because of dynamesh. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

So Mudbox 2018 has been out for a while now and there still is no equivalent of ZBrush's Dynamesh. I know that there have been numerous posts about it already but I just want to let Autodesk know that this still is a much wanted feature in 2018 (the year, not the software version)

As stated by alot of other people Mudbox has so much potential to be a great competitor for ZBrush and other sculpting programs if they just updated the right workflows and tools, starting with a Dynamesh equivalent.

I really hope the developers of Mudbox read this and pick up on it. 

jill.ramsay
Alumni
Status changed to: Implemented

jill.ramsay
Alumni
This feature is now available to subscribers in Mudbox 2018.2 Update!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Utterly awesome! As a relative newb to 3D modeling and Maya, but with a background in figure drawing and cartooning, I'm naturally drawn (npi) to the sculpting tools. For an artist, it's a very intuitive and enjoyable way to work in the 3D medium.  But I've experienced the inherent deficiencies in the process i.e. warped/stretched topology and subdivide after subdivide, resulting in outrageously fine mesh, huge files, and slow processing.

I  can't wait to start using Mudbox with dynamic tessellation!  This is just what I need to tighten up my workflow in a way that works for me!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report