Community
Mudbox Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Mudbox Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Mudbox topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

weird message

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
523 Views, 3 Replies

weird message

hey, it's me again, I know. I'm a problem magnet. Anyways, so when I try to open one of my .mud files which worked like half a week ago I cant. I have the educational version. I've tried restarting pc and reinstalling the mod. The weird thing is that as far as I know update .3 doesn't even exist while it still thinks it was made on .3. I have the same version as I did when I made it.curruption.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Christoph_Schaedl
in reply to: Anonymous

i get this message only if i jump from a newer mudbox version to an older one.

like from mudbox 2018 to mudbox 2017.

----------------------------------------------------------------
https://linktr.ee/cg_oglu
Message 3 of 4
imre.major
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Alexander,

As Christoph said, this is clearly a case where the file was saved with a newer version of Mudbox, and you are trying to open it with an older version. The message you got indicates there was a change in the way the TileablePlane object is saved in the file, and the version you are using now don't know how to interpret this new storage way.

I just checked the specific change your message refers to, and I think that change was made between Mudbox 2017 and 2018. So it indeed seems you are trying to open a file in 2017 which was saved in 2018.

Imre

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: imre.major

so apperently the message says I'm on version 2 and they were made on version 3. after a quick update to 2018.2 it worked. confusing message but its alright now

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report