Community
Mudbox Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Mudbox Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Mudbox topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unexpected Error Constantly - Maya 2018

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
taylor.eichhorst
1049 Views, 3 Replies

Unexpected Error Constantly - Maya 2018

Every time I start a new mesh, everything works great for a while.  I then begin to get unexpected errors, from then on, every time I open that file, I get an unexpected error.  It's random, sometimes it's right when i start using any sculpting tool. Sometimes I can get about 30 seconds in, manage to save, sculpt again and crash.  It seems once that happens, I just can't use that file anymore.  I don't get it.  I have contacted support and they said to reinstall Microsoft C packages, did that, no change.  Reinstalled Mudbox, no change.  This has happened with 2017 and 2018.  I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Has anyone else had this issue?  Any ideas?  Thanks!

Tags (3)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Is there a file which contains no confidential material and you could share with us? If we could recreate the issue locally that would be the easiest way to track this down. Another thing you could check is the log file which on windows is located at \Users\<username>\Documents\Mudbox\2018-x64\data\Logs\mudbox.log. Maybe there is something suspicious there. Thanks in advance.

Message 3 of 4

I recently updated from 2017 to 2018 and it dawned on me that maybe I should try getting rid of my preferences again after the update.  So far everything seems to be working on new meshes.  I got mad and deleted the old one and started fresh, otherwise I would send it.  Rage got the best of me, sorry.

Message 4 of 4

Taylor, I'm glad to hear you've found a resolution. Please make sure to install 2018.1, as we fixed a lot of bugs in there... go to your Autodesk account, select Downloads for 2018, then go to the Updates and Add-ons tab.

Jill

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report