Community
Mudbox Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Mudbox Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Mudbox topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tattoo on creature

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
429 Views, 7 Replies

Tattoo on creature

Well, I was thinking of drawing some kind of Moko-like tattoo mask for this creature I've been texturing lately... but after I read an article about how insulting was to some Maori people the fact that a well known, ex-convict boxer did some similar tattoo on his face, I got really worried about my intention. This one I put on his face is just a sample from the web, to visualize him better. Does anybody consider such drawings on a character like this an actual insult concerning the use of this type of tattoo mask? if so, please let me know, so that I would not go on with this thought :confused:

(this is ambient+shadows pass only)

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

From what I understand of it, the Maori tattoos are like a mark for birthright. it's like a family crest or seal if you're Irish, or other family-related things in other cultures. the Maori find it offensive to see tourists and celebrities get the tattoos, because the ones getting the tattoos don't understand what they mean. Literally, it'd be like tattooing "Smith" on your forehead when your last name was "Johnson" or something 😛

Having said that though, I doubt many Maori would mind if a fictional character is wearing one of their tattoos, and the ones that would mind probably aren't CG Art fans anyway 😄
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

I see.. so i guess i can go on with this, thank you eldee 😉
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

as far as design concerns...my opinion is it is getting to busy to have a full face tattoo. Its just to much detail ...maybe take the green out of the horns and keep the tattoos just around the eye area.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

You probably are right 2byts, and since less is more, I'll stick with a smaller tattoo
covering a bit of his one cheek and eye rather than a full face mask.. cheers 🙂

(but i guess I'll keep the green on the horns 😉 )
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

I really like the green of the horns! but I agree with 2byts, there is too much detail in the tattoo; it's distracting from the beauty of the sculpt.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

Thank you mookiemu 🙂 i'm working on it...
Message 8 of 8
semasa7719

If you need quality equipment for tattoo sessions, I recommend GG Workshop https://www.ggworkshop.net/. All their furniture is high quality. The structures are strong and at the same time easy to fold. There is no better option for the comfort of your customers. I have tried many armrests. Of these, GG Workshop is the top one. Rating 10/10. On the website you can read a detailed description of all armrests, watch a video review, choose a size and color.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report