Community
Mudbox Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Mudbox Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Mudbox topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stamp/Vector Displacement Map problem - striped

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
415 Views, 1 Reply

Stamp/Vector Displacement Map problem - striped

fdgsrrs.jpgHello everyone.

Came across an annoying problem. I have a terrain I'm sculpting using self made vector displacement map stamps. Many different mountains.

I created the mountains on World Machine where I exported the displacement map.

Then I used the displacement to a plane in Mudbox with the sculpt using map feature. The mountain looks fine at this point. I then exported the sculpted plane with the mountain as a Vector Displacement Map.

Then I used that vector displacement map as a stamp in ny main terrain plane where I like to have more control over what the mountains look like (why I'm using stamps).

So with the Imprint tool I created an imprint of the stamp and it works great but at this point there are these weird striped patterns along the sculpt. When zoomed in you can see this sort of like moire pattern on the mountain. There must be something wrong with the vector displacement map I exported?

http://i.imgur.com/FY51B9w.jpg

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
RobinBall6995
in reply to: Anonymous

That looks like a precision problem. Are the vector displacement maps you've extracted full 32bit per channel?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report