Community
Mudbox Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Mudbox Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Mudbox topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send/export to maya, model scale changes of one object

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
esther
683 Views, 1 Reply

Send/export to maya, model scale changes of one object

Hello everyone,

I am using Windows 10 and Maya 2013.3.1 as well as Mudbox 2019.1

I have an odd problem and I don't know how to fix it without probably losing all my progress.

I have an environment that my coworker is working on while I work on a character in Mudbox.

Now my coworker changed the entire environment up, the position is different the scaling was different and so on. Basically my mudbox scene had to be completely changed due to it, the entire sculpt had to move and be scaled.

Now I am having this problem though, whenever I select my character and send it to maya it appears to be huge compared to the other objects, yet if I send it with my standins of the environment the standins remain the same size and only my sculpted character is imported huge. Scaling values on each object in mudbox as well as maya seem to be different.

If I export as .obj the model still comes in as the same oversized size albeit then with scaling set to 1.

Now if I put the character in a group and scale the entire thing down to sort of match the rest of the standings aka make the size the same as in Mudbox (cause the standin size is leading here and has never changed when exporting) if I send it back (freeze transform or not, it didn't matter) the characters comes in as tiny.

What can I do to fix this? Because this way if I send the low poly sculpt back to Maya later on for my coworker to render then we will always have the issue of setting the location since anything I send in is huge and cannot be used as a guide line cause I can't get it back to mudbox properly either.

I forgot to add: Both maya and mudbox have their units set to CM. There is no difference between the two.

Labels (3)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
esther
in reply to: esther

Okay I think I have a solution for this. I think the best thing is to scale up the main scene (which is too small atm anyway) so the monster fits there properly so this issue of difference can be resolved since the standins obviously never move back and forth.

I guess this is what I am going for. Thanks for reading the thread, sorry for posting if this seems unneeded (Ive been at it for 7-8 hours fixing this new placement int he scene and resolving the issues it caused, I am a bit tired int he brain department atm).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report