Community
Mudbox Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Mudbox Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Mudbox topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sculpt tools not working for Mudbox 2018 with Wacom Intuos

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1094 Views, 3 Replies

Sculpt tools not working for Mudbox 2018 with Wacom Intuos

The sculpt tools stop working under this condition: I go to wacom tablet properties and under mapping, select screen area: monitor 1, instead of screen area: full, or screen area: monitor 2.

When using screen area: full/screen area: monitor 2, I can easily deform the model using any of the tools with my drawing tablet. When using screen area: monitor 1 however, I can press down on the tablet with the pen and drag in an attempt to deform the model, but nothing happens. the cursor stays in one spot, even when dragging the pen.

In all 3 cases, left clicking and dragging with my mouse deforms my model.

under mapping, using windows ink is unchecked.

I would prefer if I could use monitor 1 instead of monitor 2 as the screen which I can work on my model, because monitor 1 is larger and easier to work with for mudbox than monitor 2.

I also followed instructions to reset mudbox under the troubleshooting section of Autodesk's website.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Christoph_Schaedl
in reply to: Anonymous

have you tried an other wacom driver...?

i switch monitor mapping every day several times... it does work fine...

----------------------------------------------------------------
https://linktr.ee/cg_oglu
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Hello there! Very new to Mudbox here and had same problem with my Wacom.  What I found worked is to turn off the "Stamp Spacing" on all the tools.

Stamp spacing.jpg

I spent 2 hours searching and almost giving up on Mudbox all together until I stumbled upon this fix that instantly worked for me. (I have updated the drivers, reinstalled a few times and all that jazz...) Turns out, all I had to do was turn off the "Stamp Spacing" option in all the tools and my pen now works perfectly!

Hope this helps a few people out there experiencing the same problems. 

Message 4 of 4
tmayor

Cheers was in the middle of teaching and found this bug...wish Autodesk would push this programme and sort this bug. Also navigation cube not working?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report