Community
Mudbox Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Mudbox Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Mudbox topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Punk

16 REPLIES 16
Message 1 of 17
Anonymous
673 Views, 16 Replies

Punk

hi! this started as the first in a series of quick head projects, but developed into something a bit more. I wanted to try out the workflow demonstrated in Kenichi Nishida's tutorial with the drawing of edge loops, here's what i have so far! hope u like it!
the hires sculpt started from the base Mudbox head

side view
16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

here are the edge loops. It's such a great way of doing this, you can really experiment with edge loop's, making corrections so easely! tnx Kenichi! 🙂

Message 3 of 17
Anonymous

after a few hours of exploring Topogun and working in it here is what i have! I love Topogun, such a great software for retopo!

Message 4 of 17
Anonymous

back to Mudbox for detailing! I've decided to give him a kind of Punk 80's look, with a facial expression of Billy Idol! 🙂 the inner part of mouth is still missing+ the teeth

side

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous

nothing says 80's punk better than a leather jacket imho 🙂

Message 6 of 17
Anonymous

been working on the jacket!

Message 7 of 17
Christoph_Schaedl

oh i like the jacket... nice stitching work..!
keep it up...
----------------------------------------------------------------
https://linktr.ee/cg_oglu
Message 8 of 17
Anonymous

tnx Oglu!

here's the latest update! : ) i've worked on the form of the head a bit more, he's coming together now!

Message 9 of 17
Anonymous

what kind of style are you going for could you show your reference?
Message 10 of 17
Anonymous

i'm going for 80's punk- glam 🙂 something like this

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous

Worked on the texturing! A bigger job than i thought : ) I want him to have that 80's -almost funny- kind of outfit : ) I worked also on the head color map but that will be in the next update : )

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous

nice work so far! I look forward to seeing where you end up with on this project! I like that you didnt go over the top on the facial details with the pores and all that...its so easy to get carried away with the little details that it ends up taking away from the whole image...nice work
Message 13 of 17
Anonymous

Worked on the head, and just started working on the facial hairs- testing the beard, still needs some tweaking. The hear, not sure how i'm gonna do it.I'm thinking- some poly's with transparency placed over what i have so far. I might end up painting some of it in Photoshop...

He's a good guy, but sometimes he will get into some hairy situations...

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous

tnx sardus!

I've worked a bit more on the form on the face (eyes, lips..) and a little on the color map. I'm also starting to think about the background. Any ideas? 🙂
tnx for viewing!

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous

Made the chin just a tad smaller, added some facial hairs and played with the background(background images are not high res right now). What do you think?

Version1

Version2
Message 16 of 17
Anonymous

after a few days of tweaking and rendering different layers(in a huge 5000x3000 resolution), here it is! 🙂
hope u like the end result! tnx to all for your helpfull comments, much appreciated!

Message 17 of 17
Anonymous

Very pointy chin from the side, but otherwise looks great!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report