Community
Mudbox Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Mudbox Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Mudbox topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paint Layers In Mudbox 2017

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
630 Views, 5 Replies

Paint Layers In Mudbox 2017

Hello. This is a message for Housein Cornell. There is an extra problem that I have with Mudbox 2017 that you might need to log as a defect on your system or report the the development team.

I am having trouble with paint layers. I am trying to sculpt a shape on to my mesh, by painting on a paint layer with a 100% white colour (R: 255 G: 255 B: 255). I select the paint layer and then I select 'Freeze From Selected'. Then I use the 'Sculpt Tool' to 'Flood' the unfrozen area and raise that part of the mesh higher. When this happens the surface of the sculpted area appears lumpy.

This always seems to happen when I have painted on my sculpted mesh, I save the file and re-open the file at a later date. When I sculpt/flood I get an uneven surface.

I think the white colour on my paint layer has faded in certain areas of the layer and this is what causes the surface of the mesh to be uneven when I sculpt it, but I do not know why this happens.

I have uploaded some images of what the paint layers look like, one of the layer itself and the other of the layer when it has been sculpted on. Could you or anyone at Autodesk please report this problem and if anyone has a solution for this issue then please let me know as soon as possible. Thank you.

Paint_Error_002.pngPaint_Error_003.png

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
cornelh
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous

I think this is the second time you post about this issue, if you recall, I replied saying I was not able to reproduce in any way.  Here are is a screen grab of my tests.  (what you might have done, is use a stencil that varies the output of your paint and caused and un-even painting layer which will cause your issues)

Here is my screen grab: Working_as_expected_2017.jpg

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Hello. I did not use a stencil for coloring my model, it was just the Mudbox paint brush set to white. Just to be as specific as possible, the painting starts off o.k. When I first paint on a layer and use 'Freeze From Selected', 'Sculpt' and 'Flood', it works fine. But if I save the file and reopen it later, the sculpting seems to have an uneven effect on my model. I do not know why this occurs, but if anyone can give me advice on how to solve this problem, I would appreciate it. Thank you.

Message 4 of 6
cornelh

@Anonymous

Again, after re-opening the file several times, I'm unable to reproduce.  Maybe if you sent me your file I might be able to see what might going on?  you can PM me a link if would like for me to take a look at it.  Best of luck, and I look forward to your reply.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Hello and sorry about the late reply. If I wanted to send you a copy of my Mudbox file, how could I do this? Thanks.

Message 6 of 6
jill.ramsay

Hi there,

Housein's suggestion was that you PM (private message) him the file. You can do this by hovering over his name on the top left of the post and selecting 'Send a message'.

Thanks,

Jill

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report