Community
Mudbox Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Mudbox Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Mudbox topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel chipset woa's

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
368 Views, 4 Replies

Intel chipset woa's

I have a desktop that is 4 years old. it is running Windows 7 with the intel iCore 3 processor and Intel HD Graphics Family chipset. After doing some research over here, I have relized that the black objects in the scene has to do with the graphics chipset is not supported. I have also read that, the newer 4th generation chipset, such as the 3000 or 4000 and so on is supported. So I just recently bought a laptop with Windows 8.1 Intel iCore 5, but the chipseet said the samething, with no number. Is this one specific type of chipset and will not work, or do I have a newer chipset installed with this laptop? How can I find the number version, if there is one?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
matthew.d
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

You can find out which graphics card by going to: 

1. Click Start.
  2. On the Start menu, click Run.
  3. In the Open box, type dxdiag, and then click OK.
  4. The DirectX Diagnostic Tool opens. Click the Display tab.
  5. On the Display tab, information about your graphics card is shown in the Device section.

Matt DiMichele
Autodesk Product Blogs | @ADSKCommunity Twitter

Likes are greatly appreciated. Everyone enjoys a thumbs up!

Please Accept As Solution if this resolves your issue, to help others benefit and locate it.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: matthew.d

it just says that it is the Intel Graphics HD Family Chipset, without any numbers. Is this a generic chipset or is there a number? I have looked under DxDiag and Device Manager. Also, On my old computer there is a graphics icon in the systray, but not on my new Windows 8.1 system.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Well I found where I can find more details about my graphics chipset. After thoughly digging through the internet, I found that you can get more details in the Intel Control Panel, but it seems that they decided to make it very difficult to find it. It is not in the systray anymore. I guess this was intent so that people who don't know what they are doing and mess up there computer; just like how Microsft tried to dummify Windows 8.Smiley Frustrated

Message 5 of 5
Steve_Curley

If it's 4 years old and an average sort of motherboard/CPU setup then it's almost certain to be an HD4000 which is simply not adequate for any of AD's major products (Max, Maya, Mud, SI (when it was available)). Just search these forums for HD4000 and you'll find more threads than you'll have time to look at.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report