Community
Mudbox Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Mudbox Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Mudbox topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Skin Detail

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
695 Views, 1 Reply

Creating Skin Detail

Hello. I was wondering if someone could give me advice on creating pores and other skin detail for a character sculpture. I have seen some artist sculpt the detail in physically to the mesh itself at a high resolution. I have seen other artists putting the details on to a bump map. I was wondering which is the best method to use, as I will be projecting all of the detail onto a a video game character model.

In addition, are there any videos on You Tube that you could direct me to, which could show me the best method for doing this for a video game character and the best stamps and stencils to use. Thank you for all of your help.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
cornelh
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous

Here is a nice tutorial on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0PpO9YiElU

I would recommend painting on the model then extracting your map.  this way you don't have to guess of what it will look like.  Once your map is extracting, you can actually modify it by painting on the map it'self in what ever program you like (photoshop etc..)  I think the technique of use is also dependent on what the user is more comfortable with.  I prefer to work in 3D other like 2D better, you can use both!  😉  

Best of luck!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report