Community
Mudbox Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Mudbox Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Mudbox topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cintiq 13 HD Mudbox 2018 brush offset

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
1381 Views, 8 Replies

Cintiq 13 HD Mudbox 2018 brush offset

Hi,

I installed Mudbox 2018 and I use Cintiq 13 HD and Windows 10, all drivers are up to date.

When I sculpt with Sculpt brush, the brush is offset about 50 Pixels, it works for Grab brush but not for Smooth, Sculpt, Knife and all the other ones.

Thx

Jay

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
JabbaTheNut
in reply to: Anonymous

I am having this exact same issue.  

I have a Cintiq 27 QHD with Mudbox 2018.  All of my software and drivers are current.  In all of my other applications (Maya 2018, 3ds Max 2018, Photoshop, ZBrush, etc.), the cursor is spot on.  In Mudbox 2018, however, it is offset for some operations and not others. For example:

1. When I move the cursor over a brush icon, it will highlight properly.  However, it will not select when I click it.  I need to click off to the side of the icon for it to get selected.

2. When I sculpt, the cursor correctly reflects where I am pointing.  However, the sculpt results are considerably offset from the cursor.  Imagine the default Mudbox head.  If I sculpt across the mouth, the sculpt result shows up half way up on the bridge of the nose.

3.  Menu selections are unpredictable.  Sometimes I can click on a menu and it works straight away.  Most other times I have to click all around the menu item to find the sweet spot for selection.  Additionally, some menus that worked on the first try, fail on subsequent tries.

This is a very frustrating problem and only occurs for me with Mudbox 2018.

A strange thing about this problem is that the sculpting offset goes away if I deselect the Stamp Spacing checkbox.  All of the other offset issues still remain, however.

Message 3 of 9
JabbaTheNut
in reply to: JabbaTheNut

I rolled back to two earlier versions of the Wacom drivers (going back to February 2017).  None of the earlier drivers resolves the problem.  This seems to be very much a Mudbox 2018 problem.

Can someone from Autodesk please take a look at this?

As it stands, I can no longer use Mudbox until this is fixed.

Message 4 of 9
JabbaTheNut

OK. I having been playing with this for a couple of hours and have found a workaround for my problem.  I have Windows 10 with a 4k monitor as my primary monitor and a Cintiq 27 QHD as my secondary monitor.  My primary 4k monitor was set at a display scaling level of 125% and my Cintiq was set at a display scaling level of 100%.

When I set the display scaling to the same value (e.g. 100%) for both my primary monitor and secondary monitor, Mudbox 2018 works fine (i.e., no offset).

I still think this is a Mudbox 2018 problem as no other software I use has this issue.

Message 5 of 9
jill.ramsay

@JabbaTheNut wrote:

OK. I having been playing with this for a couple of hours and have found a workaround for my problem.  I have Windows 10 with a 4k monitor as my primary monitor and a Cintiq 27 QHD as my secondary monitor.  My primary 4k monitor was set at a display scaling level of 125% and my Cintiq was set at a display scaling level of 100%.

When I set the display scaling to the same value (e.g. 100%) for both my primary monitor and secondary monitor, Mudbox 2018 works fine (i.e., no offset).

I still think this is a Mudbox 2018 problem as no other software I use has this issue.

Sorry for the late reply on this. We have been getting hold of one of these devices to test on and will take a look. Thanks for the workaround, great job finding that!

Jill

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: jill.ramsay

Any news about this? I've been setting up two different systems lately, so I was thinking to chime in with the information I have gathered battling to get everything working like I wan't.

At work I have a setup that has Windows 8.1, two 24 inch (1900 x 1200) monitors, Cintiq 22HD (1900 x 1080) and desktop is extended to these all, so no duplicating monitors. Plus I have Intuos4L mapped to those two monitors that I use when I'm modeling.

At home I have it little differently with Windows 10, two monitors (16:9 and 4:3) plus Cintiq 13HD. Again the desktop is extended, not duplicated.

The issues I have been battling with have been the cursor offset and jagged (wavy) lines when drawing little bit quicker. I've got all the other programs to work like I want (Photoshop, ZBrush, Substance Painter), but with Mudbox the issues have been more persistent.

At home I have been able to fix the issues (at least I think), but at work the current solution is only a workaround more than a fix.

Solutions:
At home I only had the cursor offset issue and I was able to fix it by setting the scaling of both monitors and Cintiq to 100%. After that Mudbox started working like it should and the offset issue went away. I also noticed that the offset was not present when I was duplicating my Monitor 1 to Cintiq13HD instead of extending the desktop.

At work the both issues are still there and scaling the monitors won't help. However, I have noticed that turning off the two monitors and leaving only Cintiq22HD on fixes the issue. This, of course is horrible solution.

Better workaround for the problem is to turn Steady Stroke in Mudbox on, but setting the distance to 0. After that, wavy lines are gone and sculpting is happening right under the pen tip. This is also far from perfect solution, but that will have to do at the moment...

Hopefully this information is helpful and we can get this thing fixed as soon as possible.

Cheers,
Janne

Message 7 of 9
jill.ramsay

Hi Janne,
Thanks for taking the time to send all this info. First thing I'd have to say is that Mudbox is not supported on Windows 8, and that seems to be a key difference between your set ups. It's possible something in the Windows OS is affecting things. Are you able to move to Windows 10 at work, or is that impossible?
Jill
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

Thanks so much for this tip.  I've been banging my head against my desk trying to figure out this offset issue.  I also have one 4K monitor and another lower res screen.  When I set all my monitors to 100%, it fixed the issue.

Message 9 of 9
simon

@JabbaTheNut wrote:

Thankyou for this workaround !.. this was driving me nuts.. works perfectly now 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report