MotionBuilder Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s MotionBuilder Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular MotionBuilder topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a method for identifying what has been FBAplication.FileMerge(fbx)?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
aaron.low84JVP
210 Views, 2 Replies

Is there a method for identifying what has been FBAplication.FileMerge(fbx)?

Lets say you FileMerge() and FBX with a character. Is there any way to easily identify and isolate what components have just been imported. An Example is HIKCharacters and getting their immediate reference is important. 

My work around is to just use FBSystem().Scene.Characters before and after FileMerge(), but that feels messier than it needs to be. Any optimizations would be greatly appreciated. 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Mocappy
in reply to: aaron.low84JVP

Yeah, I know what you mean. I've used that myself and always felt like there should be something else. Couple of other tricks for characters:

• Add them to a namespace on Merge using FBFbxOptions.NamespaceList = YOUR_NAMESPACE
  • After merging, get the last character added to the scene using FBSystem().Scene.Characters[-1] - each time you add or create a character it's added to the end of the list.

Hopefully one of these feels a little more tidy 🙂

Message 3 of 3
aaron.low84JVP
in reply to: Mocappy

What a surprise!
I was just thinking about one of your youtube videos, using the same method! (Love the idea of IKhelpers Namespaces)
Thank you,
Big fan! 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report