Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2
anaserDJNXS
132 Views, 1 Reply

PHAs

Hello everyone,

Has anyone carried out the injection molding simulation for PHAs? I can't find any PHAs on the Moldflow materials library. How did you add the properties to the Moldflow materials library? 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
bernor_mf
in reply to: anaserDJNXS

Hi @anaserDJNXS 

welcome to the forum and community.😊

First, I have not yet made simulations of material family PHA.

Right, no PHA is available in materials database.

You could add data by yourself to personal database, if having the material data.

Two useful articles from AKN, Autodesk Knowledge Network:

Material file is not in the Moldflow material database
"The typical material data sheet normally has too little information for data fitting of thermoplastics material for simulation.
The data sheet normally does not include viscosity data (raw data or coefficients) or PVT data (raw data or coefficients), and these properties are needed to create a material data file for simulation."

"If measured raw data is available (the material supplier may be able to supply this) and can be fitted for simulation, contact the Autodesk Moldflow Plastics Lab Datafitting service e-mail address (datafittingmoldflow@autodesk.com).  Use the data fitting service for data fitting of raw data to udb-file for simulation, or questions about data fitting, or re-fitting of material data for analysis."

How to create a personal material database in Moldflow

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Berndt

( If my comments are accepted, provide "Kudos" as appreciation. If your request is answered/resolved, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. Thanks.)
Tags (2)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report