Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moldflow 2017.3 is available on Autodesk Accounts

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
raalteh
2049 Views, 13 Replies

Moldflow 2017.3 is available on Autodesk Accounts

Dear Moldflow User community.

First of all, on behalf of the Moldflow team I want to wish everyone a great 2017! Last year was certainly an exciting and successful year for the Moldflow products, and we start the New Year with the release of Moldflow 2017.3! This is now available from the Product Enhancement section on Autodesk Accounts (link)  for customers on active maintenance or subscription contracts.

Some of the main highlights:

• SJM Improvements:
    • Retain temporary data (fall back option to copy data manually)
    • Fix for very large result files.
  • Solvers:
    • Powder Injection molding support
    • Stress based 3D warp now default
    • Stress based 3D warp supports Thermosets       
  • Improvements in Mesh preparation (Automatic mesh sizing, Create CAD body in Mold block wizard)
  • Improvements for Linux:
    • Meshing on Linux
    • Distribution queue on Linux.
  • Usability improvements:
    • Mesh aggregation on the new Stress based 3D warp
    • Set valve gates in a table
    • Study duplication WITH result duplication
    • Export warped shape as solid .stp file
    • Delete and copy components in multi-body assembly.

The Moldflow 2017.3 can be installed next to your previous Moldflow releases, installs using your 2017 Product Key and Serial numbers, and uses the normal Moldflow 2017 licenses.

The team is already working hard on the next releases!

Again, all the best for 2017, and I hope to see you somewhere at a Moldflow event this year.

The Moldflow development team.

Hanno van Raalte,

Product Manager - Injection Molding & Moldflow products
Tags (1)
Labels (1)
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
harald_goetz
in reply to: raalteh

Hello Hanno,

when I try download Moldflow, I can't be sure which release it is.

MFIA_2017_R1_Multilingual_Win_64bit_dlm.sfx.jpg

It says MFIA 2017 R1? 

R1? Shouldn't it be R3?

Could the server manage it in a way that I can see the major releases and the quarterly releases and choose precisely?

Thanks in advance

Harald

Message 3 of 14
raalteh
in reply to: harald_goetz

Hi Harald,

Firstly; it is really 2017.3 :-), but I think you are looking at the wrong place. I recorded a short video here. that should show how to get to the right spot.

If you do NOT see this, try to change your language preferences and set it to English. We had some problems displaying the entitlement for non-english language preferences (back to the 'Profile tab' > 'Preferences' > 'Language' --> English, then try again). I thought we had gotten this resolved, but if not, than I would really like to know that as soon as possible.

Going forward in 2018.0, we intend to be able to use the Autoesk Desktop App to provide new installers for your product. For a technical reason, we are currently not able to use this but my understanding this will be resovled. This will provide a much cleaner experience for you as a user. 

Hanno  

Hanno van Raalte,

Message 4 of 14
M.Brassel

Hello @harald_goetz,

the names of the files should be (I added the link where my browser downloaded it from):

The Linux versions are:

I hope this helps.

--
Please use "accept as solution", so others may find solutions quickly. Also give kudos where suitable to further enhance these forums.
Message 5 of 14
harald_goetz
in reply to: M.Brassel

Thanks a bunch M. Brassel!

I have to figure out why I can't see these files.

But at least I could download them from your links.

This is the 2nd time I can't see files of the quarterly releases immidiatley.

I'm curious now for April/ May 2017...

Best regards

Harald

Message 6 of 14
raalteh

Hi Harald,

I will try to get someone in support to connect with you, as we will need to know for sure if this is related to a specific setting for you or a much broader problem.

I'm truely sorry for the trouble you are having.

Hanno

Hanno van Raalte,

Message 7 of 14
M.Brassel

Just for the record:

Recently I couldn't access the product enhancements page with Firefox, I am always landing at the page https://accounts-subs.autodesk.com/sc/error_login.jsp

With Internet Explorer I am able to open the page and it looks like the following in English:

170127_product-enhancements.png

and in German:

170127_Produktverbesserungen.png 

So the problem with the language has been solved.

--
Please use "accept as solution", so others may find solutions quickly. Also give kudos where suitable to further enhance these forums.
Message 8 of 14
harald_goetz

Thanks a lot (again),

@raalteh, - so it might be that it is my firefox - or the outdated IE I'm allowed to use at work...
I'll try to access the page with IE at home later.

Message 9 of 14
allan_tu

这是R3官方正式版吗?

Message 10 of 14
Xiaojin.Zhang
in reply to: allan_tu

是的,是正式版。

Xiaojin Zhang
Message 11 of 14
Anonymous

@raalteh wrote:
  • Improvements in Mesh preparation (Automatic mesh sizing, Create CAD body in Mold block wizard)

Nice work with this - I'm impressed with the Automatic mesh sizing and CAD body creation. It took a few goes to get my head around ignoring the Global Edge Length setting.

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello everyone.

I have some problems after update with "file transfers from server". I have server on the same PC where I`m preparing analysis. I don't know how it works but server it's mean SOLVER at this situation?

For e.g. I have problems with 3D meshing. Logs shows "Percent 100 done", in Simulation Job Menager is also 100%.

Thanks in advance for every suggestions.

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous

we can not open moldflow 2017 r3 . please see attach file .

please help us.

Message 14 of 14
raalteh
in reply to: Anonymous

Dear Chanchai,

I would suggest you contact support for this, either through your reseller or direct.

Hanno

Hanno van Raalte,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report