Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mesh model

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
614 Views, 7 Replies

mesh model

Dear all,
i am working with an component which is 1m length.. while meshing, i meshed one side of the part and i mirrored it. the total number of elements came after meshing is around 62000. but the node numbers are in some billions..... so it is occupying more memory for warpage analysis... if i am simply meshing the whole component means (without mirroring) the nodes formed are not in that range... some times some bad nodes are formed, even i cant able to merge that nodes. that nodes dont have any properties... please clear me about this query.
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello

1.What type of mesh you are using? Midplane, fusion or 3d?
2. What type of part it is? If its is with lot of thickness variation and geometry complication you may have to use fine mesh, if it is just a flat part, after capturing all the intricate geometries using fine mesh you can even remesh the same model to coarse mesh.
3. With good understanding, you can even conclude running analysis for only half the model. Caution: Holds good for only fill analysis.
4.Switch on only the elements needed to be mirrored. Try pruge nodes and merge options.

Regards
Navam
Message 3 of 8
GalSherbelis7635

Hello,

I have seen this in the past. Try to export the model in MFL format and than read it again.

Gal
Message 4 of 8
hennebm

Good morning,

Create a node in the model and then merger it back to another node. Choose to use the Global merge tool with such a small tolerance that none of the nodes will actaully be merged. As long as a change in the mesh was detected prior to the global merge, the nodes will be renumberd.

-M
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

You can use the Hyper Mesh for Meshing and export it in .BDF fommat and import it in mold Flow . Using Hyper Mesh you can reduce number of element .
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

Thank you Mr.Gal, i am trying to do that
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

Hello Mr.Navam,
i am doing that mesh in midplane.It dont have thickness variation. it is not happening in all the parts. i am seeing this in the part which is having length more than 900mm. i had encountered with the same problem for 2 parts which having length more than 950mm and that part contains lot of bosses

regards,
vibin.
Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

Hi Mr.Henne,
Good Morning,
if i am creating one node in that model means that node has no property and that node number suddenly increases to billion
regards,
vibin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report