Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can I add a gate in 3d mesh type?

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
2289 Views, 10 Replies

how can I add a gate in 3d mesh type?

Hi Mr and Ars

how are U?

I have a problem.. I want to add a shape (triangle shape) to my part in 3d mesh mod as a gate but there is not any chois in assing tab in 3d mesh type for gate ?

what should I do ? how can I joint my shpe to part as a gate ?

please help

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

It is best to model such gates in CAD and mesh it along with the part model. You can then assign "Gate" properties to the gate portion of the mesh.

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous

thanks but in 3d mesh mod I can not find gate chois for assing.

in addition i don not know how can I joint my gate to my part ?

I attached my project picture

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous

You will have to mesh everything first and create a 3D mesh. Only then you will see the relevant properties. Then you can select the gate elements and runner elements and assing them the "cold runner 3D" properties.

As far as the "unattached" is concerned. You CAD model should have an attached gate and runner. So please check you CAD model and update with relevant geometry as needed.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous

thanks so much

In moldflow we have ADD for inser some CAD fil to your study and define them as gate , runner or ....  .

I use this method for my new gate insert. but when I want to mesh it in 3d I see the error .

if you know other way to insert and attach a new gate please guide me .

regard

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous

You need to go back to the CAD and create one single part model with the gate and runner attached to the actual part. This way you will only have one file to import and everything will be attached. Avoid dealing with 2 different models.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous

ok I find that

but when I drawgate and prt in CAD software toghater when I see it in moldflow study all of them are unique and I can 't select a patr of study as gate exactly .

Mr / Mrs Nishi78 please let me have your yahoo Id or facebook to talk live please

regard

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous

I can't use those things at work. You can call me on 978-365-8435 if you are based in the u.s.

You will have to mesh everything first and then select the parts of the mesh to assign desired properties

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous

ok yhanks for favore

unfortuantely our phon lin is locked for out country call. my yahoo Id is Mahdymassah@yahoo.com and my facebook is with this name Mahdi massah you can search and find me . I am wating for a tim of meeting .

regard

Message 10 of 11
Anonymous

I will try this one more time:

step 1 - create the complete model with part, gates and runner in CAD. This will be one model (no assemblies, no multiple parts)

step 2 - import that single cad file in moldflow. you will see part, runners, and gates all in the same study. YOU CANNOT ASSIGN PROPERTIES JUST YET.

step 3 - create the mesh (dual-domain to 3D or direct 3D) or however you mesh all your other studies

step 4 - select the mesh elements that will be the gate and runner and go the the "Edit" menu and select "Assign properties..."

step 5 - assign the "runner" property. I dont think there is a seperate "gate" property. But assigning runner property is OK

step 6 - OPTIONAL - assign those elements to a seperate layer in case you want to make changes or something like that.

I really hope this works. Let me know.

Message 11 of 11
Anonymous

ok thanks alot

I will do your gudances and mail to you.

your Mail ?

regard

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report