Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extreme loading times for animations - Settings?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
531 Views, 6 Replies

Extreme loading times for animations - Settings?

How on earth is it possible that for an injection molding fill simulation with 1 million elements I have to wait almost 1 minute to load the "fill time" result with 64 frames? I am working on a HP Z8 PC with 36 kernels, NVIDIA Quadro P4000, and 96 GB RAM, this setup costs >10'000€  and my task manager under performance says GPU 1% CPU 5%!!!

With my 5 year old notebook with substantially worse hardware it takes unnoticeably longer! This is clearly a Moldflow issue.

Is there any recommended settings that I need to use to profit from my full hardware performance?

Changing the number of threads for parallelization does not have any influence on the post processing speed. 

When I want to compare different models at the same time with different gate locations I am losing so much time. We are seriously considering evaluating a new rheology software because so much time is wasted for this. 

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
mppkumar
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous 

You have very good configuration; try below mentioned options to improve post processing speed

mppkumar_1-1617172939958.png

number of threads for parallelization is meant to improve computation speed

Thanks
M P Pradeep Kumar

If my views / comments acceptable, provide "Kudos" as appreciation, if answers your query, please click the "Accept as Solution"
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: mppkumar

Hello @mppkumar 

Thanks for your fast answer.

I tried your settings but it does not have a noticeable effect on loading time.

Can you tell me what limits the speed of animation loading processes? Once an animation is loaded I can play it very fast but as soon as I select another result and then come back to the fill animation it has to reload again. Is there a chance to like "save" the animation locally in order that I only have to load it one time and then it can be accessed directly?

Also I wonder why and imported model with different layers which I can work with very fluently e.g. in Ansys or Siemens NX systems, as soon as it is in Moldlfow has extreme latency. Almost every click to hide a layer or add a layer (e.g. with the gate system containing 50 beam elements and nothing else) takes a few seconds and the screen "freezes"... Do I need to adapt my workflow or is there a recommendation on how to work with layers?

This is really time consuming and frustrating, am I the only one having this problems?

Message 4 of 7
mppkumar

Hi @Anonymous 

animation load time depends on number of elements / nodes in the model. there is no option to save the animation and resume it in Moldflow itself (of course you can export the animation as *.gif)

May be you can post this idea in "Idea station" for future consideration 

with results ON if you are trying to show /hide layers, YES there will be a lagging (as it has to calculate and show the results based on displayed layers) 

Thanks
M P Pradeep Kumar

If my views / comments acceptable, provide "Kudos" as appreciation, if answers your query, please click the "Accept as Solution"
Message 5 of 7
PascalGosset

Hi simulators,

Effectively, at start, the animation of the filling is incomprehensibly long.

But after, it is unbelievably fast. So fast that it is not usable.

It will be good to set that better of to give us the possibility to do it.

The filling animation is not the only thing working slowly in Moldflow.

When I prepare a mesh, I waste a lot of time waiting reactions of the software.

And it's not because of my computer.

It has always been like that.

Obviously, speed is not a priority at Moldflow. 

Regarding Ideas Station, it is not useful to post your request there.
Because this forum is even less of a priority at Moldflow.

Signature: "Maybe Moldflow does not work properly, but the real world neither" my son...6 years old 😉

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: PascalGosset

Dear @PascalGosset 

I completely agree with you concerning the Idea Station. The currently "top rated" idea has 63 votes… In relation to the total number of MF users that sounds a bit like a joke to me. If all my team mates would create an account all my ideas would be "top rated" within this evening.

In terms of speed:

Eliminating the time lag experienced with almost every mouse click in a software is not something like a "good idea for the new release". In my eyes this is a serious and fundamental problem that needs to be solved urgently and with highest priority because it affects each and every user, independently from the task they are doing.

Improving simulation quality from release to release will not help anything if users need to increase mesh size up to an extend where accuracy will decrease, only to be able to work in a productive way.

I would be very happy to get some concrete recommendations on how other people have adapted their workflow to reduce the nerve wrecking waiting time.

Thank you

Message 7 of 7
PascalGosset

The problem of Ideas Station is not the number of users.

They posted 890 Ideas. Only 28 were implemented (i.e. 3%).

The last... 3 years ago !!!

Signature: "Maybe Moldflow does not work properly, but the real world neither" my son...6 years old 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report