Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About %Flow Rate vs % Shot Profile

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Lorena.Rivas
265 Views, 0 Replies

About %Flow Rate vs % Shot Profile

Hi All!

I want to check with you if I'm in the correct path.

A customer is using %flowrate vs %shot to control the filling control.

The "normal" expectation is that Moldflow will copy the values and will fo the filling in that way (image to understand the profile - Filling Control). BUT, as soon we have results the software doesn't follow the flow rate that we used as an input and have another profile as an output (image - filling.

I think that the difference is due the compressibility of the material in the process and that could change the flow rate in the process. (reference: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/moldflow-insight/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticl...)

Is there another thing could explain it? or we are on the right track?

My main concern is that manually the customer consider the fill time base on flow rate (machine capacity) and shot volume and that number is different  that the prediction on Moldflow... so, their first approach is that the software is no doing it right. 

I will suggest working on injection time rather than flow rate profile. 

What do you think?

Lorena Rivas

EESignature

Labels (3)
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report