Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About Cooling Channels

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
ersin_degin
475 Views, 7 Replies

About Cooling Channels

Hello Moldflow Users,

I have a question about Moldflow. In Moldflow, we can import and make runner entries in 3D. But does the same apply to cooling channels? Do you have any idea about this subject?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
mason.myers
in reply to: ersin_degin

Hello @ersin_degin ,

I am not sure I understand your question.

You can import IGES curves and assign properties to make cooling lines.  You can also import the CAD of the cooling channels, assign them to Channel 3D, and then use the Centerline tool to create curves from the CAD model.  You can also import the 3D CAD of the cooling channels and simply mesh them to 3D using the Channel Mesher.  3D meshed cooling channels require CoolFEM to solve.

Mason

https://help.autodesk.com/view/MFIA/2024/ENU/?guid=MoldflowInsight_CLC_NewUser_Import_and_Export_Sup...

https://help.autodesk.com/view/MFIA/2024/ENU/?guid=MoldflowInsight_CLC_WhatsNew_What_s_New_in_2018_2...

https://help.autodesk.com/view/MFIA/2023/ENU/?guid=MoldflowInsight_CLC_Modelprep_Mesh_Meshing_the_mo...

Message 3 of 8
ersin_degin

ohh sorry i wrote by voice command.When i import the CAD of the cooling channels, i could not the assing them to Channel 3D.

Message 4 of 8
mason.myers

Hello @ersin_degin ,

It appears that you meshed the Cooling Channels as Dual Domain part surface mesh.  If you change your mesh type to 3D, you should get options to change the CAD to Channel 3D.  You then need to add 3D inlets and 3D outlets, and use the Channel 3D mesher, not the Generate Mesh option.

Mason

https://help.autodesk.com/view/MFIA/2023/ENU/?guid=GUID-C0E87C79-9CFF-4726-B2E0-2512DA855249

Message 5 of 8
ersin_degin

Hello @mason.myers 
I changed my mesh type to 3D, however the button of 3D Channel Mesh is not active.I have no idea what i will do.

Message 6 of 8
bernor_mf

@ersin_degin 

Hi,

There are a couple of requirements that needs to be met.

From on-line help:

3D channel mesh

Before attempting to use the 3D channel mesh tool, check that the following requirements are met:

• A part model is in your study and has been meshed.
  • The analysis sequence includes a Cool (FEM) analysis.
  • An injection location has been set for the part.
  • A CAD representation of the conformal cooling body is in your study and its Properties are set to Channel (3D).
  • Channel (3D) Inlets and Channel (3D) outlets have been assigned. There should be an equal number of conformal cooling inlets and outlets.

The picture shows only the cooling channel geometry.

Doing according to above check list should sort out the issue.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Berndt

( If my comments are accepted, provide "Kudos" as appreciation. If your request is answered/resolved, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. Thanks.)
Message 7 of 8
ersin_degin
in reply to: bernor_mf

Hi

Thank you very much.
I realized that ranking is important.
I handled all my transactions without any problems.

Have a nice day.
Message 8 of 8
bernor_mf

@ersin_degin 

Hi,

Thank you!

Good to hear your issue were resolved. 😊

Regards,

Berndt

( If my comments are accepted, provide "Kudos" as appreciation. If your request is answered/resolved, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. Thanks.)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report