cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inserts Creation Tool available for Tetras / 3D mesh

Inserts Creation Tool available for Tetras / 3D mesh

Dear Moldflow users,

My idea is to make the Insert Creation Tool available for Tetra / 3D mesh directly. Actually, this tool is only available for Triangles / Dual Domain meshes and is makes it long and difficult to create an insert when you work with an already 3D meshed part.

I think it is possible because :

• As Moldflow is able to recognize a Tetra surface with “Tetras on Same Surface” tool, why is it not possible to create the insert with this selection
  • When I re-mesh my 3D meshed part into a DD mesh, the appearance does not change. This means that Moldflow keep the same mesh in surface. So why is it not possible to use this “surface” mesh directly in 3D environment to create an insert?

Actual situation :

When I want to create an insert, the only selection option are “Any item” or “Triangle”.

No “Tetra” option. 

1.PNG

Finally, even in the training material from Jay Shoemaker, it says that for 3D meshes, you have to start with Dual Domain and then go into 3D model which is what I’m talking about.

2.PNG

So, if you think this idea is good, please VOTE UP !

With my best regards,

Serge Gugelmann - Technik

s.gugelmann@ricone.de

RICONE GmbH

Trausnitzstraße 8

D-81671 München

1 Comment
harald_goetz
Collaborator

With MFI it should be possible to go back to CAD (SimStudio) and use this faces copied to built  a new solid that makes the insert.
Have not tried it yet, but it should work.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report