Moldflow Adviser Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Adviser Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Adviser topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moldflow Advisor 2017

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
DlynamK6KTL
562 Views, 2 Replies

Moldflow Advisor 2017

Hello,

I have recently upgraded to Moldflow Advisor 2017. I noticed they have a differential shrinkage output. Can someone please explain if this output is different from the deflection output. If so, could someone explain. It has been identical to deflection output in every analysis I have conducted so far.

Looking at the whats new Moldflow 2017 page (link below)

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
bernor_mf
in reply to: DlynamK6KTL

Hello,

This is the main warp result:

Deflection, all effects result combines differential cooling, differential shrinkage and orientation effects to show the final part warpage.

The results contributing to warp:

1. The Deflection, differential cooling result shows the final part warpage due to uneven cooling.
    If no cooling in study, it is 0.
  2. The Deflection, differential shrinkage result shows the final part warpage due to the variation in shrinkage across the part.
  3. The Deflection, orientation effects result shows the final part warpage due to the material orientation throughout the part.
    If the material is fiber filled, this corresponds to the fiber orientation in the part.

The reason for having the single variate deflection of cooling, differential shrinkage and orientation effects is to understand what is contributing most
to deflection result to focus on right solution.

Basically to isolate the cause of warpage.

So if Deflection, all effects result = Deflection, differential shrinkage, it seems as differntial shrinkage is having the most contribution to your main deflection.

If you add cooling, is should be different.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Berndt

( If my comments are accepted, provide "Kudos" as appreciation. If your request is answered/resolved, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. Thanks.)
Message 3 of 3
DlynamK6KTL
in reply to: DlynamK6KTL

Thank You

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report