Community
Meshmixer
Welcome to Autodesk’s Meshmixer Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Meshmixer topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Way to ignore "Complex object in scene" prompt?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1064 Views, 2 Replies

Way to ignore "Complex object in scene" prompt?

Hey everyone!

I am writing a python script to automate some repetitive tasks my company does in Meshmixer. This is going very well, and I haven't had any problems with the Meshmixer API.

However, the one issue I am running into is when it tries to export certain files (always .STLs), I get the prompt "Complex object in scene" and have to click a "continue" button to export. Using the autoRepair tool doesn't fix these errors without breaking the model, and the errors themselves are dealt with later on in another process (I'm pretty sure making the model solid would fix them, but I don't want to do this in the script).

So I'm wondering if there's an easy way to get around this prompt without significant effort (maybe disable it entirely?), as the only option I could think of is writing another script to detect when this prompt shows up and to press continue. 

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me out!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
MagWeb
in reply to: Anonymous

The only way I know is to emulate a key command.

Please see https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/meshmixer/mmapi-error-dialog-handling/td-p/10250586 

Gunter Weber
Triangle Artisan

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: MagWeb

Thank you! I was able to get this to work.

For if anyone has a similar problem in the future:

Had a few problems with it sometimes not focusing the window, but I changed it to select the second 'Meshmixer' titled index and that seems to work great, as the dialogue box is its own window titled 'Meshmixer'.

This was what it looked like:

MM = gw.getWindowsWithTitle('Meshmixer')[1]
MM.activate()
keyboard.press_and_release('enter')

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report