Community
Meshmixer
Welcome to Autodesk’s Meshmixer Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Meshmixer topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Sculpt Tools in Meshmixer

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1294 Views, 6 Replies

Using Sculpt Tools in Meshmixer

Hi,

In the images attached:

I am trying to work out which Meshmixer Sculpt tool (with settings) I would use to TRIM off the parts marked in RED from the RECTANGULAR Block between the upper and lower teeth.

This will then just leave a small part of that block ONLY between the teeth.

Thanks,

John

Labels (3)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
MagWeb
in reply to: Anonymous

From just the images without seeing the wireframe:

Seems the block is a not connected surface. Please try EDIT/SeparateShells. Think you'll get three objects: Upper and lower teeth and the block. Correct?

If so: Instead of using SCULPT you should try EDIT/PlaneCut to crop the block. If you need non planar cut offs : SELECT the regions to crop (maybe you'll need a denser mesh > Edit/Remesh with bigger Density) and do Edit/EraseAndFill (or a combination of both)

Gunter Weber
Triangle Artisan

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: MagWeb

Thank you Gunter,

The 3 parts are all separate and I wish to do non-planar cuts - like carving it back to ALMOST follow the shape of the teeth:  which is why I thought SCULPT would be better

when I select just the Rectangular block and EDIT/ERASE.FILL - it turns into a Red block (as in images)

What am I doing wrong?

REMESH sounds like a good idea - but what settings should I use for that.

Thanks,

John

Message 4 of 7
MagWeb

Could you post a screenshot with wireframe? Hit "W "to show it...

Gunter Weber
Triangle Artisan

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: MagWeb

with wireframe...

Message 6 of 7
MagWeb

Yes, the cuboid is of low resolution so SCULPT brushes with Refinement enabled will deform it drastically:

SelectAll and go to Edit/Remesh. Set RemeshMode to LinearSubdivision and pull Density to its limit. Accept.

To crop the cuboid via EraseAndFill:

Do NOT SelectAll but just the region to crop. That done go to EraseAndFill and set Replace/FillType to FlatRemeshed...

Gunter Weber
Triangle Artisan

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Thank you Gunter,  much appreciated. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report