Community
Meshmixer
Welcome to Autodesk’s Meshmixer Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Meshmixer topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pivot rotation stop

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
439 Views, 2 Replies

pivot rotation stop

hi

im new to meshmixer and i made this articulator

so far works pretty good the problem is that when i move the top part with the piviot the rotation circle wont stop at the 90* angle. and thats what i need it to do.

is there any function that can give the pivot rotation a desirable stop?

thnks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mcgyvr
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous  You posted in the Inventor forum.. I have asked the forum moderators to move your post to the Mesh Mixer forum where someone should be able to assist you.. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 3
MagWeb
in reply to: Anonymous

And here we are:

If you drag a rotation-arc in Transform there's a circle of snapping increments. If you move the mouse over this circle (still keeping LMB pressed) the rotation snaps to those increments. You can increase/decrease these increments (while they are visible) via the up/down buttons on your keyboard.

Another way to get precise rotation is to set the rotation in the tool's flout by numerical input directly (RotateX, RotateY, RotateZ).

Gunter Weber
Triangle Artisan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report