Community
Meshmixer
Welcome to Autodesk’s Meshmixer Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Meshmixer topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meshmixer extrudes just part of my shell

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
929 Views, 4 Replies

Meshmixer extrudes just part of my shell

Hallo all together,

I have an stl-file of a car model. it was filled with objects, so I have picked the objects wich were relevant to me, and also seemed to be togethe the full exteriour shell of the car. I have exported it all together after editing into a new stl file, wich noch I am trying to scale to what I need for my 3d printer and als to add thickness extruding the shell.

The curious part about it is, that some parts of the shell are extruding just as I want them to, and some parts of the same shell won't extrude at all.

I also tried extruding before I have mounted the objects to one file, but the same parts won't extrude there also.

I hope somebody could help me resolving my problems. thanks a lot in advance.

Danijel

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
MagWeb
in reply to: Anonymous

MM can't build offsets on regions with non manifold issues. These are highlighted by red lines on your mesh. Non manifold means that there are more than two faces connected to a single edge (maybe by sharing the total edge or just a vertex).

You need to repair such issues before trying to extrude them.

You can try ANALYSIS/Inspector and click the red spheres one by one (don't click blue ones). Note that non manifold boundaries might fail or don't give the needed result. So repair issues on your source mesh before doing anything else (as deleting surface regions)

Further info on Inspector here

Gunter Weber
Triangle Artisan

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: MagWeb

Hi,

thank you for your answer. I have tried your advice, but it didn't work properly. The part got cut half off.

I would appreciate if somebody could tell further how to resolve it, so I could learn for the futer.
I have tried to attached the original file, but it didn't work. It's about 5 MB

thank's in advance.

Message 4 of 5
MagWeb
in reply to: Anonymous

You might try to zip the file and attach that zipped version. If that doesn't work: Upload the file to some file hosting service and post (or send via PM) the download link. I'll look into it.

Gunter Weber
Triangle Artisan

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: MagWeb

thank you very much

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report