Community
Meshmixer
Welcome to Autodesk’s Meshmixer Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Meshmixer topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fill corners

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
568 Views, 4 Replies

Fill corners

I imported a scan from skanect in STL format.
I have two strait  planes  - wall (purple)  and floor (green)  that I want to make then intersect and that the corner than it generated there will be filled between the the two planes and the surface of the scan (the white are in the attached screenshot).

Is there a simple eay to do that in meshmixer?  

lightov_0-1602671256243.png

Labels (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
hfcandrew
in reply to: Anonymous

You might need to smooth out some of the noisy spikes first, but watch this: https://autode.sk/3iWnOkN

Message 3 of 5
MagWeb

Another option would be:

Select the planar groups and run Edit/FitPrimitives at PrimitiveType = Square

Disable SinglePrimitive and enable CreateNewObjects.

Drag the white cubes in the widget to upscale the planes so they intersect at the corner.

Accept and Combine both plane objects to one. Set the combined planes as a target in the object browser.

On the source object select the region to be filled and run Edit/AttractToTarget with FindSharpEdges and EnableRemeshing being enabled.

Gunter Weber
Triangle Artisan

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: hfcandrew

Thanks , It works and very helpful.
But it seems than my scanning is hollow and not solid so when expanding and cutting the model become open. 
Is there a way to solidify the model before the mentioned manipulation ?

Message 5 of 5
MagWeb

Due to tracking errors tracked scanning sensors often create (as I call this issues) "second skins".

Two cases:

1. The second skin isn't connected to the main surface. Removing such skins is easy: SELECT some area on the main surface, hit E to expand the selection to connected areas, now hit I to invert the selection and finally X to discard.
  2. The second skin is connected via tiny "tunnels" which are hard to be seen. To remove such errors you need to sample the main surface via several SelectVisible actions. SELECT a snippet of the main surface and do Modify/SelectVisible. Now rotate the object to a different aspect. Hold down SHIFT and do another SelectVisible (SHIFT down adds the current visible faces to the ones grabbed from another cam position). Continue all around until you see only orange faces. Now hit I (invert) and X (discard). Deleting the interior but connected areas results in open boundaries. Do ANALYSIS/Inspector to fill them.

Most scans done by such a device ship with both errors. So do 1 first and 2 after that.

Gunter Weber
Triangle Artisan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report