Community
Maya Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xgen; No collection name given? Maya 2019

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
5897 Views, 7 Replies

Xgen; No collection name given? Maya 2019

First time trying to render hair/fur and for some reason the error, "No collection name given" pops up when I use the IPR. I assumed it was referring to when I first add the hair and it asks me to input a description and a collection name, but I've done that so I'm not sure what the issue is. I keep searching for an answer and can't find one. New to this so. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Also, another issue. When I choose Arnold as the renderer in output settings it says No Geometry Found. Not sure if that's connected to my previous issue.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

I've got the same issue but I found the solution ...... just save your scene ! . That's it .

Message 4 of 8
Topeich

Yeah, that's it! Thanks!

@Anonymous wrote:

I've got the same issue but I found the solution ...... just save your scene ! . That's it .

Message 5 of 8
Lindsey_Robbins
in reply to: Topeich

Xgen core (vs interactive grooming) actually saves itself in a folder next to your project file, so if it's not saved yet, the render can't find the hair.

Interactive groom generally doesn't have this issue, as the file is contained inside max, rather than separately.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

hey man, it's pretty easy to do, I think still you didn't save your project so first save your project on your desired location and again update x-gen preview then you can see the result of your preview in Arnold. 

Message 7 of 8
laiamestre96

i love you

Message 8 of 8
Jagadnath

An old post but very helpful, thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report