Community
Maya Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Is My Frame Rendering Like This?

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
605 Views, 1 Reply

Why Is My Frame Rendering Like This?

I'm trying to render a frame using Arnold, and in the preview it looks great, but the final rendered image looks terrible. I'm not sure why the colors are so saturated or why it looks so pixelated. Please see below for what it looks like: 

The preview that Arnold gives me.The preview that Arnold gives me.What it actually renders as.What it actually renders as.

I'm following this tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZieJcA5vf0

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm not sure if it's my lighting or something else. 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
mspeer
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi!

This is because your preview image has a color transform applied and your rendered image not.

Just uncheck the "ON" besides "sRGB gamma" in the Maya Render View to see the "RAW" image.

Basically you can add the color transform later in any image/compositing application or "bake" it into the rendered image when rendering 8-bit images in Maya.

Please search for "color management", there should be plenty of information in the Maya online help and in the Maya forum.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report