Community
Maya Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Settings Are Best For Rendering

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
kittenev
435 Views, 1 Reply

What Settings Are Best For Rendering

Hi, I'm new to the whole rendering side of Maya. I'm trying to make a short, and I've done the modeling, animation, lighting, etc for it already. I'm using Maya 2018 and the Arnold Render.

The problem comes with rendering it out. There are so many options and settings! I don't know which to pick.

I've been told that I should do the preset HD 1080 but what about the resolution? Isn't 72 low? I'm not really sure. 

Also, for the Arnold Render, there is an option called Camera (AA) and I've been told to set it to like 5. Is that correct? What does that do?

My goal is to take the raw render and put it into premiere pro which has an audio track that I've already edited. Can anyone please help?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
mspeer
in reply to: kittenev

Hi!

Sorry, there is no answer to this.

You could also ask what's the best color for painting or what are the best numbers to click on my phone when i want to make a call?

The settings you need are highly dependent on your scene and your requirements for the project,

without any further details no recommendation can be given.

To choose the right settings for a project you need experience.

Just start with the default settings and if you discover some problems then try to adjust your settings to fix this.

I also recommend to read the "Arnold for Maya User Guide", it's all very well documented.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report