Community
Maya Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texture not showing in Maya.

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
hzhou3
40184 Views, 3 Replies

Texture not showing in Maya.

I am learning rigging in Maya by reading a book. The following are steps introduced in the book to import a model accompanying the book:

Untitled1.png

Untitled2.png

I exactly followed the steps but what I got in Maya is a model without any texture:

Untitled3.png

From the screenshot you can see I have activated the Smooth Shade All and Textured viewport display buttons, but the texture just doesn't show. The accompanying model files are attached in this thread for your experiment. Anyone familiar with importing Wavefront OBJ file please help. Since my skill range of Maya is not wide, please tell me what menu item to select or what button to press to have the character textured. Thanks a lot.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pshwayka
in reply to: hzhou3

Click on the model, and go to the attribute tab for the Zombie_F:Wire material. Click on the arrows indicated below, and use the folder icons to navigate to the location of the textures that are called out.

zombie1.png

zombie2.png

textured.png

Message 3 of 4
hzhou3
in reply to: pshwayka

It works! Thank you very much, pshwayka.
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: pshwayka

Thank you for saving my hide two years later. I can't believe I overlooked something that simple.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report