Community
Maya Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stingray Property view in Hypershade randomly does not show

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Zliks
2184 Views, 6 Replies

Stingray Property view in Hypershade randomly does not show

tl;dr: In Maya 2017, for Stingray materials the Property Editor in Hypershade randomly doesn't show any of the attributes - there is nothing under the Attributes rollout. Yes there are workarounds but I'm teaching a beginner-intermediate class and would like to spare students the trouble of "your interface will randomly break."

I'm having the same issue as described here:
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/maya-shading-lighting-and/maya-2017-stingray-pbr-shader-doens-t-work/t...

As far as I can tell it was never properly fixed. Yes I can view the Stingray material node attributes in Maya's main window Attribute Editor, and if I tear off the Property panel from Hypershade, the Attributes will show up in the floating window. But I shouldn't have to do that - they should just show up in the Properties window of Hypershade every time.

Any solution? Certain preferences that produce reliable results? Known video cards / drivers that cause this issue? Plug-in that needs to be loaded?

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Zliks
in reply to: Zliks

Screencapped the error. Notice that the Property Editor embedded in the Hypershade window does not show Attributes or Textures under the Settings rollout. The Property Editor for the same material, when torn off just to the left, does show Attributes and Textures.

MayaStingrayPBSUIError.png

Message 3 of 7
高木yusuke

Hi Zliks, 

I'm testing on my PC using Maya 2017 update2.(Win7, Quadro K5000) But I can not see the problem. Can you see how to reproduce this problem? Thanks.

Yusuke Takagi

Cat LOL 問題解決の助けになった投稿には、[解決策として承認] をクリック! Cat LOL
Cat Wink 参考になった投稿には [いいね!]のクリックをお願いします!Cat Wink
| オートデスク バーチャル エージェント | Mayaユーザ設定のリセット | Maya 認定ハードウェア | Fix itを使ってアンインストール |

Message 4 of 7
Zliks
in reply to: 高木yusuke

Sorry for the delayed reply here. I am unable to provide steps to reproduce the problem as it appears to be random: sometimes when I create a Stingray material the proper interface shows up under the Attributes rollout. Sometimes it's just empty under the Attributes rollout.

I went through various files, making new files, etc., and the only pattern/absolute I could find was that once I assign textures to a material, the proper interface does indeed always show up. But before a material has textures, Maya seems to randomly hide everything under the Attributes rollout, so it's not possible to assign a texture. I think it's the same problem described at:
https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/maya-shading-lighting-and/maya-2017-stingray-pbr-shader-doens-t-work/...

Thank you!

Tags (3)
Message 5 of 7
johnsonttf

I've noticed a similar issue on all computers using Maya 2016 Service Pack 1. For a StingrayPBS material, the attribute editor will be empty if the Hypershade window is open and the property panel is up. The attributes will appear in the property panel of Hypershade, but not in both places. If you close Hypershade, and refresh the attribute editor, the attributes will display correctly there. 

stingrayAttrs1.pngstingrayAttrs2..png

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: 高木yusuke

I get this issue regardless of what OS I'm on...PC or Mac, this bug of the attributes not showing up for the Stingray Shader happens pretty often. I have yet to find a consistent resolution for this. At times,  I've had to create a new object and assign a new Stingray material where the attributes do show up...then I reassign my textures to it...not the most ideal solution and it only works half the time.

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

I have this bug too, seems to be quite common. 

My solution is to bring up the property in the Hypershade by going to Window>Property Editor.

This seems to either refresh the Attribute Editor and/or give you access to the attributes in the Property Editor.

Either outcome seems to be a solution to the bug.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report