Community
Maya Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So many options

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
AzWoodWarrior
259 Views, 3 Replies

So many options

I finally have a good understanding of modeling, now I want to explore the more advanced features of Maya. I have a simple spaceship that I want the intakes to look like a swirling ball of energy. With so many choices, what would be the easiest way to make this? Nparticles? Meshlight? Animate the attributes of a noise node? Mandelbrot? So confused 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
damaggio
in reply to: AzWoodWarrior

There are no reference images of the spaceship nor the energy look you are trying to achieve.

Please be more specific so someone can help you achieve this.

Message 3 of 4
AzWoodWarrior
in reply to: damaggio

I did leave it vague on purpose. I don't know the best way to get the effect of, imagine looking at Scotties engines on impulse power. I attached the geometry of the spaceship and a nurbs sphere that is the intake. I wish I could find a reference image, but I couldn't find one that was close enoughspaceship.jpg

Message 4 of 4

With "so many options" you should narrow the desired result, and more specific you'll be, the less options there will remain.

No, spaceship reference is irrelevant; go search for "swirling ball of energy" images/vids or draw it yourself, then post here.

,,,_°(O__O)°_,,,
Maya2019.1 @ Windows10 & GeForce GTX1080Ti

If the post was helpful, click the
 ACCEPT SOLUTION  button, so others might find it much more easily.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report