Community
Maya Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Object Positions not Updating in Render Sequence

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Christian.Litzel1
246 Views, 3 Replies

Object Positions not Updating in Render Sequence

Hi.  I was rendering a scene with ~600 Frames. I have a crane, keyframed jointpositions, an nClothed wire and a box constrained to the Wire.

Somehow, when I render single frames, positions of crane arm are updated in the frame.

As soon as I want to render sequences, crane is moving but the box is left behind.

Keys in timeline are all loaded and sliding through the animation in viewport, the crane works fine.

Are there any settings i could change ?

Thx for your help

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Kahylan
in reply to: Christian.Litzel1

Hi!

I'm not sure if that is the case here, but I've run into issues with motion blur with meshes that were simply parented/constrained instead of skinned, they seemed to stand still because Arnold skipped them when calculating motion blur, which was why they worked in single frames but not in Batch/Sequence.

You could try to constrain a joint to the end of your wire and then skin the box to it and see if that fixes the issue.

I hope this helps!

Message 3 of 4

Sorry, actually box and wire are left on point, with crane moving.

So maybe arnold skips here everything happening because i attached the nCloth wire to the crane arm with a point to surface constrain, which is not calculated when moving?

Im pretty new to maya but will try other attachment methods (havent been working with skinning at all so far).

Thanks Kahylan

Message 4 of 4
Kahylan
in reply to: Christian.Litzel1

Yeah, it seems like the point on surface constraints are the problem here. I'm not quite sure how i would solve that without using skinning though.

If everything moves correctly when you playback your animation in the viewport, you could also just use a geometry cache. Select the meshes that aren't moving correctly, then use the Cache>Geometry Cache>Create New Cache command. If you have motion blur, make sure Evaluate Every _____ frame(s) is set to a fraction of 1, like 0.5 or 0.3.

This will create a file that stores the movement your mesh makes, so it does no longer rely on the caluculation of the rig/nCloth, Arnold has no problems reading caches.

I hope this helps!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report