Community
Maya Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Now what have I done?! These antlers are inexplicably green all of a sudden

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
416 Views, 2 Replies

Now what have I done?! These antlers are inexplicably green all of a sudden

Hello once more,

Been making this model of a deer head since yesterday. All day yesterday I worked on it and everything was going smooth. I saved the file, exported it a couple times, got to a good stopping point and closed Maya for the night. Today I open it up and parts of the antlers are green.

The antlers are made of several cylinders that I have squished on the ends (scale tool) and used Deform > Nonlinear > Bend to curve them into the proper shape. I used Mesh > Boolean > Union to meld them together in order to smooth out the shapes and make them more attached like actual antlers (They don't really look like actual antlers, but that's because they're supposed to be several concentric circles).

On a totally unrelated note, I'm just a noob, how do I... set or fix permanently the Deformed cylinders so that they stop displaying the handles and acting funky whenever I try to rotate the antlers?

I have attached a screenshot of my green antlered deer, and the scene file. Thank you so much for your patience with me as I learn this stuff. Please don't judge my deer's neck or forehead, he's not finished yet.

Thank you!

Taylor

Labels (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mspeer
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi!

Green antlers:

- Simply assign a new material.

Freeze current state of Deformed cylinders /antlers:

- Select object(s) and then use

Edit -> Delete by Type -> History

- or to freeze the whole scene simply use

Edit -> Delete All by Type -> History

Another quick tip:

- Instead of copy/paste use Edit -> Duplicate

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: mspeer

Thank you so much mspeer, you are truly an angel.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report