Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Maya Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft Server 2012 - Renderfarm

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
355 Views, 1 Reply

Microsoft Server 2012 - Renderfarm

Good Morning,

I'm on a little fact finding mission.

We're looking to expand our renderfarm, the hardware manufacturer only supports server editions of OS.

* What is Autodesks official and unofficial stance on Microsoft Server 2012 for Maya and Softimage, versions 2012~2015?

* This question may be out of scope, we have a mixed enviroment, Maya, Softimage, Nuke, Adboe AE and C4D, in your wider experience, which OS would be of your choice?

Thanks,

Tags (3)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Karen.Snow
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello,

We do not test  Server Software in a render farm environment so technically it hasn't been certified. However, that being said, I'm not aware of any issues with it and have heard of people using Server Software in a render environment.

The second question I am unable to answer as we do not recommend one hardware/software over another. However please review the Certified Hardware Charts for information on all systems that have been tested:

Certified Hardware Charts:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/syscert?siteID=123112&id=18844534

Thank-you

Karen

Karen Snow

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report