Community
Maya Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mac to PC Render Question

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
abankstonRAS
386 Views, 2 Replies

Mac to PC Render Question

I currently use Maya/Arnold on a Mac, and another person at work uses CAD software and a different renderer on a PC for his work. They are looking at getting a render tower for us to share, but they are planning to go with PC for that. I'm just wondering how difficult it would be for me to do my work on a Mac but then run my renders on a PC render tower? Is the PC version of Maya drastically different from the Mac version? I'm also wondering if people can even share a render tower? I have concerns about whether or not we'd have to wait to take turns to use it, which really would hold up our work. Lastly, if it's not a good idea for us to go this route, can anyone suggest a Mac that would be good for me to use solely for rendering? Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
_sebastian_f
in reply to: abankstonRAS

can´t say something about mixing pc and mac for rendering other than it should work when using same arnold versions. in general it´s the same maya and the same arnold. probably there are platform specific bugs. if known you should find it in the docs.

"I'm also wondering if people can even share a render tower?"
depends on what exactly you mean with rendertower? if it´s just another single-cpu pc, sharing it does not make to much sense if you need to render at the same time. if you get a multi-cpu pc/renderserver you should be able to benefit both by splitting the cpus between each other´s renders.
Message 3 of 3
abankstonRAS
in reply to: _sebastian_f

Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report