Community
Maya Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Maya/Arnold stable on Mac right now? (for rendering, modeling, and animating)

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
3djeremyK6DN7
249 Views, 0 Replies

Is Maya/Arnold stable on Mac right now? (for rendering, modeling, and animating)

First post here - freelance, I've spent multiple days searching the web trying to just get some clear answers. I have an old 2019 intel MacBook. It handled modeling well, animation okay, simulation slow, and rendering very slow. I used to use Windows before that, and I very much prefer Mac OS. Dealing with render issues made me temporarily cancel my Maya subscription as I looked/waited for a better computer.

The M2 Ultra studio presents itself as a beast of a computer, especially compared to my old MacBook. I appreciate that most users are PC, and PC is better - but I'm not great with hardware and absolutely HATE troubleshooting problems on Windows. I'd rather just create things and not deal with any unnecessary hassle (sorry for the article).

In my final searches finishing up deciding, I've noticed that Maya/Arnold does not render GPU (which is minor), and that it may or may not use Silicon for rendering in Arnold. I don't want to invest in hardware that is not being used - I can use my current MacBook for my other art projects.

I 'could' switch back to PC, but I honestly would prefer not too for reasons already written.

Are their still issues with current Mac silicon and Maya/Arnold for rendering, etc?

Thanks for your time.

Tags (1)
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report