Community
Maya Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generating good maps from Z Brush to Arnold

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
342 Views, 1 Reply

Generating good maps from Z Brush to Arnold

Greetings,

From a recent Z Brush sculpt I've generated Disp and Normal maps. I've followed the Disp Map info from Solid Angle, but no matter what additional settings I try (height/padding/scalar/auto bump), the render shows the texture sort of "Bloated" w/ the stitching falling over the edges. Also the ZB leather texture is softer in the render (in Arnold I set both Filter types to Off). Also attached are the maps that appear fine to me. I realize this might be more to do w/ my ZB map settings, but any advice pertaining to any Arnold settings that might rectify this would be greatly appreciated, thank you

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

OK- After looking at the generated maps from ZBrush, I see that they are distorted and causing the texture to "stretch", so if any Z Brushers out there know what settings can rectify this, please respond. For the map settings I'm just using the default and have tried both 16 and 32 bit, along with altering some settings to no noticeable improvement.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report