Community
Maya Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting MASH network with color node as alembic not working (Arnold render)

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1002 Views, 2 Replies

Exporting MASH network with color node as alembic not working (Arnold render)

Hi there. 

I am trying to cache a Mash animation with the color node attached , but it doesnt seem to work. 

Well I got a finished animation and each  instance got its own color driven by the Mash_color node. 

When I preview render with Arnold everything looks fine and the animation is also working. But rendering on a farm the Mash animation is messed up, so I am trying to export the animation as alembic. 

In the export setting I got "Write color sets" ticked. 

However if I import the alembic to my scene I dont have any color sets on the alembic mesh, if I check the Color Set Editor. 

Hence the alembic geometry renders just black with Arnold. (I got "export vertex colors" ticked in the Arnold tab and I use the "aiUserDataColor")

I also tried to merge the alembic cache with the Mash ReproMesh. But then the ColorSet of the Repromesh gets either replaced by the empty alembic one or it gets deleted. 

So how do you export the colorsets from the Mash color Node to alembic and how do you get the colors back once you import the alembic again?

Or is there a way to transfer the colorset from the Mash node back to the alembic mesh?

(using Maya 2019 and Arnold mtoA  3.2.0 )

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
rasskot8CDN7
in reply to: Anonymous

repro_mesh deosn't export vertex color for some reason? Use as a temporary solution Arnold /scene export/ export celection to ass. Then it works.

Message 3 of 3
a.mayaUser
in reply to: Anonymous

I found this thread searching for a solution to the same problem.

It looks like exporting trails color set to alembic for rendering is absolutely inconsistent. I tried dozen on times from both Maya 2020.4 and 2022.2 and I got it working only once, then I couldn't repeat the miracle again.

Can anybody provide a working solution to this?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report