Community
Maya Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

# Error: line 1: Maya command error

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
alex_grynagier
2461 Views, 7 Replies

Hi everyone! I'm trying to render a sequence using GPU. I only need the beauty, so i'm not trying to separate AOVs because i won't have time for compositing when i need to render. The Sequence render most of the time stops after about 10/12 frames with the message:

Sequence rendering aborted
// Error: [gpu] no GPU matching requirements found for GPU-rendering //
// Warning: Aborted by user: received abort signal //

I deleted the Nvidia drivers of the Rtx 3080, reinstalled the latest version of the studio drivers, reinstalled the latest version of Arnold (as of today), but with the same results.  I can't understand what the arnold.log means. To me it seems it slowly fills up the graphic's card memory to its limit, but i can't find ressources about this kind of issue. If anyone was kind enough to give me a clue about what is going wrong... Thanks in advance, best regards.

Labels (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Baboonian
in reply to: alex_grynagier

Arnold subdivisions are using VRAM a lot. Try disabling it, and using the polySmoothFace instead. 

Is the "force texture cache flush after render" checkbox active? 

Message 3 of 8
alex_grynagier
in reply to: Baboonian

Hi Baboonian, thanks for the fast answer, the amount of subdic is very low, so as you said, that's more likely to be a texture issue, (it doesn't crash this quickly if i replace the most complex shaders with a lamber). And as you pointed out, the "force texture cache flush after render" isn't checked! I'll try this right now, thanks a lot for the advice!

Message 4 of 8

@BaboonianThank you for your pertinent advice, unfortunately the arnold error log seems to be almost identical, aswell as for the feedback from the script editor. without subdiv, and even with the "force texture cache flush after render" checkbox active. Pre-populating the GPU cache or not makes no noticeable difference. In fact it even happens using the Alembic GPU cache, although it seems to be able to render more frames (many more but on a lower resolution as far as i tried). Cpu render works fine. Unfortunately, it aborted with the following:

# Exporting Arnold Scene...
# Updating Arnold Scene...
# [mtoa] Rendering Frame: 9 (9/720) Camera: persp1 Layer: masterLayer
# C:/Users/alex_/Documents/maya/projects/default/images/Animatest/persp1/HD-mainGEO-Masse_77_10009.exr
# Exporting Arnold Scene...
# Updating Arnold Scene...
# [mtoa] Rendering Frame: 10 (10/720) Camera: persp1 Layer: masterLayer
# C:/Users/alex_/Documents/maya/projects/default/images/Animatest/persp1/HD-mainGEO-Masse_77_10010.exr
# Traceback (most recent call last):
# File "<maya console>", line 1, in <module>
# File "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Arnold\maya2022\scripts\mtoa\cmds\arnoldRender.py", line 19, in arnoldSequenceRender
# cmds.arnoldRender(seq="", w=width, h=height, cam=camera, srv=saveToRenderView)
# File "<string>", line 2, in arnoldRender
# RuntimeError: Maya command error #

Sequence rendering aborted

Thanks for your help!

Message 5 of 8
Baboonian

Hello, Alex. no problem. )

To prevent Arnold from converting textures in each frame, you need to uncheck this checkbox.

Untitled-1.jpg

 Can you enquire about VRAM usage in GPUShark or another app? Perhaps, Vram is not the reason

Message 6 of 8
alex_grynagier

Hi @Baboonian , thanks for the idea. Yes i removed the Auto convert texture, because i had notices from the script editor it was losing some time. It didn't change a thing in the ende. So i made 2 tests, one with texture, and one without the texture, and there's a clear difference. I think this is because that's a landscape the camera travels into: I tiled a 1k grass texture with repeat UVx100 (diffuse only). Does it seem like overkill? I'm more used to cpu, and cpu takes this with a relative ease, but maybe that's what causes the Graphic card memory to fill? Surprisingly i thought 'force texture cache flush' would fix the issue, but it doesn't seem to have the expected effect. Anyway, thank you for your kind help, it is much appreciated!

Message 7 of 8
Baboonian

So, without the grass texture, the rendering goes without problems? Video memory is still expensive 

Message 8 of 8
alex_grynagier

@BaboonianYep, in fact i succeeded to fix the scene this morning, One of the texture maps i use as an alpha had a flaw, and i inadvertantly exported it as a 12400x12400 texture patch resulting in a 6Mo file instead of 0.6... I didn't think about this because the issue seemed to come from the displacement, which is way heavier in the scene. In fact i didn't even know i could connect such a map size without an error message. Now, i also used the autodesk security tool to clean up the scene, because i was wondering about the 'Leucocyte' and 'Phage' keywords appearing in the Script editor, and found issues with my files, so this might have added some extra strouble. Anyway, thanks a lot for your help and support, it was very kind! Don't hesitate if you need help, i'm more on the modeling/hard surface side of things, but i'll be happy to help if needed! Thanks again 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report