Community
Maya Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change aiStandIn default shading in viewport

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
juanjo_bernabeu
182 Views, 1 Reply

Change aiStandIn default shading in viewport

Hello team, I have been trying to find a solution for several days, which I understand is not simple, but I am sure that someone else will have raised it at some point.

In our animation studio we are starting to use standIns to work on our big sets, this is a big change since they have always used traditional references, with the risks involved.

The change is working very well, but being a type of series for the children's sector, the color treatment in the preview or previz phase with directors is essential and the standIns are always shown in gray.

I have easily achieved that the viewer shows the wireframe mode by object with different colors, which help us to compose, but I would like to be able to customize more the experience of the standIns and to be able to apply or force colors to the objects of the viewport in "shaded mode" and to know if there is more capacity for customization, even by programming, touching the api or any other way, not just staying on the surface.

In the studio we have people who program so it's not a technical problem, we just need to point in the right direction if it exists.

Any recommendations?

To synthesize...I would like to be able to customize the viewport parameters of the standIns like the color of the shading or even more things if any.

Masters of maya, Stephen blair, I invoke you please! @blair 

Labels (4)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

You cant do that for now.

Have you looked into USD? That should be an option.

----------------------------------------------------------------
https://linktr.ee/cg_oglu

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report