Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Maya Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arnold Multi Channel EXR

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
8862 Views, 8 Replies

Arnold Multi Channel EXR

If I'm just missing something simple, please forgive me - however I cannot seem to get a multi-channel EXR with all of my AOVs to work from the Arnold Renderer. 

I have enabled the "Merge AOVs" checkbox in the attribute editor when choosing the default driver, but no matter what options I try with my file naming scheme, I keep getting multiple EXRs or deepexrs, with each one per AOV. 

Any help is appreciated!

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Stephen.Blair
in reply to: Anonymous

Do you have something like <RenderPass> in your Image file prefix? That will prevent merged EXRs.

If all else fails, please get an Arnold log for a render so I can check it.

Thanks

Stephen
Solid Angle Support

// Stephen Blair
// Arnold Renderer Support
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Stephen.Blair

If I don't set anything in the File Name prefix box, I will then get a folder for each AOV with the individual EXRs in them. If I do have the <RenderPass> token, then I get the individual EXRs, just outside of a folder. 

Attached is a render log from a test scene. 

Message 4 of 9
Stephen.Blair

Hi

Are you sure you enabled Merge AOVs on the defaultArnoldDriver, and not on defaultArnoldDisplayDriver  ?

The log looks like Merge AOVs isn't enabled for defaultArnoldDriver.

If you're still having problems, you can delete all the geo and lights and send me the scene to look at.

Thanks

Stephen

Solid Angle Support

// Stephen Blair
Message 5 of 9

Hi

Is Merge AOVs enabled on defaultArnoldDriver?

Are you using the same driver for all the AOVs (on the AOVs tab, the driver should be "<exr>", that's the default exr driver).

Thanks

Stephen

Solid Angle Support

// Stephen Blair
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

Ok so the issue was in fact not having the defaultArnolddriver set with the Merge AOVs checkbox. I think it was a bit confusing because the first option that comes up in the attribute editor was the display driver, and that was where I had the Merge AOVs set. It actually took a bit of digging for me to even find the place to make that change for the defaultArnolddriver, as it doesn't seem to be that clear to me from any of the tutorials or manuals that I saw. 

Thanks!

Message 7 of 9
Stephen.Blair

Hi

Yes, depending on how you load the nodes in the Attribute Editor, often thedefaultArnoldDisplayDriver is first.

Myself, I usually type "defaultArnoldDriver" in the search box, but I'm a techie tech support guy not an artist 😉

Usually, if you use Select Driver in the AOV list, you'll get the right driver node:

select_driver.png

Thanks

Stephen
Solid Angle Support

// Stephen Blair
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

Thank you! Saved my day 🙂

Message 9 of 9
elenamash22

That makes sense; the problem was that the Merge AOVs checkbox was not enabled on the default Arnold driver. I think it was a bit perplexing because the first option that shows up Loklok in the attribute editor was the display driver, and that was where I had the Merge AOVs set. Finding the location to modify the default Arnold driver actually required some research on my part because none of the tutorials or guides I came across seemed to make it very obvious.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report