Community
Maya Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arnolad vs Mental ray

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
imarhiagbe
647 Views, 2 Replies

Arnolad vs Mental ray

hello fellow Mayani, i have a render problem i was rendering some paint effect tree on maya using mental ray and they came out kinda great than a swapped to arnold since i don't have mental ray on my personal computer but just arnold so, my main issue is with the cherry tree leaf they dont get render properly and on the image i can still see the plane where the leaf texture is attached but i don't see the plane on the bushes or any other tree, what attribute do i need to change to obtain a result similar to the mental ray render that i have got, here are the images, ah and also is there a way to render the tree/bushes paint effect without converting them to polygons? thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mspeer
in reply to: imarhiagbe

Hi!

1. You need to convert PaintFX to Polygons (there is no way around this).

2. You could try just correct the shading networks, but as you have a complete different renderer with different needs i suggest to assign new Arnold materials, directly connect the texture to the new materials and maybe enhance the network later if needed.

Message 3 of 3
imarhiagbe
in reply to: mspeer

oh i see...alright, thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report