Community
Maya Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are PSD networks supported in Maya 2018 using Arnold?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
2107 Views, 5 Replies

Are PSD networks supported in Maya 2018 using Arnold?

I asked a more specific question about my inability to get the Arnold Standard Shader to respond to a PSD file node with color. People answered with a couple of work arounds, one being not to bother trying. But I just want to know for future reference as Maya commits to Arnold, should PSD networks work, will they, or are they a thing of the past?

I guess the question of whether I'm doing something incorrectly remains. But no one who responded to my earlier post ever suggested that.

Thanks for any clarification anyone has.

Tags (2)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ToddLawrimore
in reply to: Anonymous

Wow. Silence out there. I just tried this myself and it is NOT working. I get a lot of black in the render while my hardware shaded view looks great.

So, the question stands: Will this PSD network be supported going forward?

Thank you,

-Todd

Message 3 of 6
mspeer

Hi!

Currently they are not supported, but i can't say what happens in future.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: mspeer

Thank you for confirming. I'm sorry to lose the ease of using Photoshop for creating bump/normal details, although I suppose there are workarounds. But mostly it's good to know this isn't me doing something wrong.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Yes, I just encountered this issue....tried to create a PSD network for Arnold materials..and it doesn't give me an option for color...

Guess everyone is just phasing out photoshop for Substance painter? 

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Just save the PSD file out as a png and reload it as an image file.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report