Community
Maya Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying a texture to Xgen

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
sc654215
378 Views, 1 Reply

Applying a texture to Xgen

Hello all, I am faced with an issue I cant seem to solve. I have applied an xgen description to the faces I wanted fur, and have groomed the fur and everything is looking okay. But when I go to shade the fur with aistandardhair, the texture I want to apply to it is not working. I apply the texture to the basecolor input, but when I render only one color is showing. I also tried texturing the surface the groom is on to see if it will sample from it, but that doesnt work either. I am unsure how to approach this and I have not found any info online. 

I attached a screenshot of what it looks like right now, the fur is completely brown when there is supposed to be stripes and color variation all through the fur. Let me know if you have any idea on how to fix this, thank you all.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
sc654215
in reply to: sc654215

to add further info about this, I have the melanin turned to 0. and the surface I have the xgen on is UV'ed

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report