Community
Maya Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

aiRoundCorners Not Working with Maya 2025

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
andymc4997
405 Views, 7 Replies

aiRoundCorners Not Working with Maya 2025

Hey everyone, 

I can't get the aiRoundCorners node to work in Maya '25. 

Maya '24:

andymc4997_1-1722612016413.png

Maya '25 (all settings identical):

andymc4997_0-1722611924290.png

Any ideas? Is there a workaround? I really like this node as I frequently am given hard-edged CAD models to render and it greatly speeds up workflow. 

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
damaggio
in reply to: andymc4997

is Arnold up to date?

Message 3 of 8
andymc4997
in reply to: damaggio

Yes, 5.4.3.

And of course just now it magically started to work lol. All I did was open in '24, then reopened in '25. But that same process did not work a few minutes ago (?). No settings were changed at all, so I have no idea.

At first I thought it was because I was using the new OpenPBR shader, and connected the aiRoundedCorners to it, but I don't think that was the case now. I will have to test again and see, however, unless you can confirm that the aiRoundedCorners will not work with OpenPBR.
Message 4 of 8
andymc4997

..and now it's not working again. 

andymc4997_0-1722617269533.png

I'll try just restarting Maya again, but if this is the process I'll need to take then it will obviously be very frustrating. I might try rolling back to a previous version of Arnold. 

Message 5 of 8
damaggio

It's odd, should work normaly with PBR since is not related to texturing.

Message 6 of 8
andymc4997
in reply to: damaggio

Yeah @damaggio , no idea. I restarted again and it worked again. I had to get these client renders out quickly, but I'm gonna see if the same thing happens with the OpenPBR shader. 

Message 7 of 8
andymc4997

Hey @damaggio, Ok so this is starting to seem like a general bug in Arnold 5.4.3. Bump mapping also doesn't show unless I restart Maya. Pretty irritating, so I might try to roll back to the previous version for now. 

Message 8 of 8
andymc4997

Light linking also not working. Lol, pathetic that this update was released with this many bugs.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report